Color differences ACR vs Oly V2

Started Apr 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
ljmac
Senior MemberPosts: 2,915
Like?
I think using 3rd party software is crazy
In reply to mrmut, Apr 17, 2012

Yeah, I know why people use it (speed, flexibility, highlight recovery etc.), but to me, the amount of time and effort required to get decent colour out of it overwhelmingly negates those advantages. The colours will never be as good as Viewer no matter what you do, and never works well across all images. And as Viewer emulates the in camera JPEGs, it means you can shoot RAW+JPEG, and only use RAW when you need to make an adjustment to the exposure or white balance. Then you get great colour all the time, every time, without any fuss or bother. I mean, isn't Oly colour a key reason why we use Olympus anyway?

There's also the little things. Viewer seems to have superior NR in most cases, and most importantly, superior demosiacing. This is especially important on current cameras with their light AA filters - 3rd party converters almost always produce moiré, while Viewer successfully controls it.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow