Started Apr 17, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Sutto
Regular MemberPosts: 344
Like?
X100 - dumb question!
Apr 17, 2012

For all you technofobes out there, I have a question that I need to ask. You can tell my 'vintage' having to ask a question like this in our new techno age. However, I cut my teeth in the 80's and 90's on film, so all this digital stuff is still a learning curve for me.

I have read different things that seem to say one thing, and then the other - so for my own settings, I would really love to know the facts. I only ever shoot in RAW!

I have my list of personal settings that I use on the X100 - and of course have to go back and change those every time we download a new firmware update. Things like - Highlight tone 'soft' Shadow Tone 'soft' etc.

I did mention my settings in another thread on here and somebody wrote and said that because I shoot in RAW, none of my settings count for anything. He reckoned that all of the settings for Highlight, Tone etc - that they only count for in-camera JPEGs, not RAW.

Can somebody set me straight on this? Does it mean if you shoot only RAW, like me, that none of the settings for film simulation, sharpness, color etc, are worth a head of beans, if you shoot in RAW?

Thanks in advance

Sutto
http://www.philipsuttonphotography.com

Fujifilm FinePix X100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow