2 repairs, same old 7d. I hate this camera.

Started Apr 17, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
EDWARD ARTISTE
Regular MemberPosts: 154
Like?
2 repairs, same old 7d. I hate this camera.
Apr 17, 2012

There is only one reason why I wrote this post

I would hope NO ONE would have to deal with what ive been going through for 5 months now. It is hard to write this without just cursing, cursing, and expletives galore. Ive tried to make sure im not crazy time and time again. But this damn camera has failed me yet again. I wish I saw all the complaints, the threads, and the reviews that showed that this camera has a lot of problems. BUYER BEWARE.

The second repair came back on friday. Took it to the auto show on sunday. By Monday.... looking for a new camera. Tomorrow it will get escalated at canon repair- but i dont even care. One should not have to bounce a camera back 2+ times to repair just to get it to work proper. Its just not acceptable. And I have shoot on saturday. Wonderful.

this is the wonderful images that this sh*t body is producing now. This is not even 6 feet away. Out of 8 of shots of her, only !!ONE!! came out with proper focus (and lovely, lovely noise).

This is what it used to shoot :

This is what (clarity) i WISH it could shoot (T2i):

But i get more of this:

And a bit over a month ago it was this:

(disclaimer: these are 2 different copies of the 70-200, but the same 24-105. t2i was a rental)

And so, I give up.

You guys who didnt receive lemons, enjoy. The fanboys can debate about perfect settings ad nauseam- what a joke. The low expectation folks can accept the bizzarro low iso noise- horrible. And while the easily gullible others can accept that, we should not have to train an AF to shoot a person 4 feet away standing still. One shot AF should be the easiest damn setting to shoot with.

I love this body, ill say it a million times. it ROCKS. but the pictures just suck. Advanced AF my as*.

I guess my 18mp will be coming from a T2i...damn i loved that camera....

Cheers to all with this junk AF/noisy mess.

end/rant

-- hide signature --

'Only the dead have seen the end of war'

Canon EOS 550D (EOS Rebel T2i / EOS Kiss X4) Canon EOS 7D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow