ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Alokchitri
Forum MemberPosts: 79Gear list
Like?
Color Space in ACR 6.6
Apr 17, 2012

Hello fellow members and dear friends

Let me admit at the very beginning that I am still a learner when it comes to PP and I consider myself a complete novice.

Recently I read an article in a very reputable Photography Magazine regarding settings that Photographers should use in ACR.

Under the Workflow options in ACR it suggested that "Adobe RGB (1998)" option should be chosen and the same Color space should also be set in CS5 . Now I have the following doubts:

Please Note: I use D90 and I exclusively shoot RAW (NEF) and looking forward to edit RAW (NEF) files only . My favourite subjects are nature, wildlife, landscapes, but I shoot all the other types of photos too. I publish these shots to web and also send some to stock agencies.

1 . I use LG 225V IPS LED monitor which has it's built in Hardware Profile set, and sRGB is the active profile. So will changing the ACR color space option give rise to a conflict situation?

2 . My camera Profile is set to sRGB. As I shoot RAW only, do I need to change the in-camera profile too?

3 . If I change the color profile in ACR to ARGB (2008). must I set the same in CS5 too?

Please help me out. I am really confused.

Thank you.

Alokchitri's gear list:Alokchitri's gear list
Nikon D90 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro +4 more
Nikon D90
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow