Started Apr 17, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Jaelkay
Senior MemberPosts: 2,243
Like?
Underwhelmed by SD1M
Apr 17, 2012

SD1M arrived yesterday and not terribly impressed with quality of images.

When the images are first being opened in SPP, they look fine but after the RAW is fully loaded, there is something of a "flick" and sharpness disappears, exposure goes into over drive (overexposed), contrast disappears - in fact, the image now looks dreadful requiring quite some work to get it back to what it looked like when initially being loaded.

I'm shooting RAW in Neutral mode. Tried Standard mode only to have major colour shift in the images requiring too much post processing to get back to acceptable.

I've tried a number of lenses (18-50mm f2.8 EX Macro, 17-70mm HSM OS, 50-150mm f2.8, 18-200mm OS) and none of them give me pictures anywhere nearly as sharp as what I get from the NEX 7 using its very ordinary kit lens.

My SD15 is producing images so much better than the SD1M.

I've just ordered a 17-50mm OS HSM to see if that might sort out some of the problems. Until then, I'll keep persevering.

SD1M

SD1M Crop

NEX 7

NEX 7 Crop

Sigma SD1 Sigma SD15 Sony Alpha NEX-7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow