5D Mark III & Just one lens...

Started Apr 17, 2012 | Discussions thread
MX_shooter
Regular MemberPosts: 220
Like?
Re: 5D Mark III & Just one lens...
In reply to libertyranger, Apr 17, 2012

5d3, and Just one lens for 500 bucks?
The only thing i can think of is the tamron 28-75 2.8 .

F2.8 lenses are a lot more useable now with the 5d3's, acceptable iso 12800 image quality.

But if you are keeping the t3i and the kit lens as second body, then its fine to have just the 50mm on the 5d3 to cover a wedding. Just use the t3i + kit for wide establish shots and group shots.

Well it depends on the wedding venue. Inside churches youll need to rent a longer lens. 135L or 70-200.

libertyranger wrote:

I find that I am being limited by the ISO abilities of the T3i. I've had it about a year now and am simply wanting a more professional body with more controls. If I get the 5D Mark III, I will have about 500 for lenses. I can always wait a couple more months so I could get the kit.

I am primarily interested in shooting everyday life, portraits, and am interested in getting into wedding photography. I shot my brother's wedding a couple weeks ago and thoroughly enjoyed. His and his wife's expectations were not too high and were thoroughly impressed with the photos.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow