Started Apr 12, 2012 | Discussions thread
J C Brown
Senior MemberPosts: 1,338
Like?
Re: More Teleconverter Test Results
In reply to Jerry045, Apr 17, 2012

Jerry045 wrote:

Jimmy:

I made the chart 1M x 0.75M and the 100mm and 50mm is good within a mm or so. (best I could do with the printer.)

I was not able to get to full zoom, as I ran out of back yard.

The first picture is straight out of the camera.

This next shot is with the TC on the clone tube.

Sorry for the tilt, but it was hard to see through the EVF in bright sun, and my yard drops off like a cliff.

This last shot is with the TC screwed directly to the lens.

If I need to be at full zoom and re-do these, I'll need to do it at my neighbor's, as his yard is flat. I can get much further back with out falling off my cliff.

Jerry

Hi Jerry,

I've just read your post and downloaded copies of the original full size images from your gallery. From looking at these images on the screen of my laptop my initial impression is that in spite of the difficulties youv'e experienced you seem to be doing a pretty good job.

As the camera to chart distances for my FZ50 with and without my 1.7X TC were about 10 and 17 metres I was somewhat surprised by the results of my calculations for your FZ150. However the large difference can be easily explained by the FZ50 having a maximum focal length of 88.8 mm and a 1/1.8" 10 MP sensor with a pixel height of about 0.002 mm.

It is fast approaching 1.30 AM here in Scotland so I will have to leave it until tromorrow to examine your images in more detail on my desktop PC.

Jimmy
--
J C Brown

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow