I was yelled at for not using "L" glass.

Started Apr 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
Robert Krawitz
Regular MemberPosts: 277
Like?
Re: I was yelled at for not using "L" glass.
In reply to nullvector, Apr 16, 2012

I was shooting a basketball game last fall, and during a timeout one of the refs wandered over to me and joked that my camera wasn't big enough to belong on the baseline (I was using a 28 f/2.8 or 50 f/1.8 on my 7D, before I got my 17-55 over the winter). But that was purely in jest. I'm really, really happy I got that 17-55, by the way. It's really tack sharp and focuses beautifully, and when I'm shooting with it, I barely notice that there's a lens on the camera.

And I was once at a wedding as the hired gun (using a 20D and a bunch of primes), and someone with a 5D and 24-105 starts playing the game of trying to tell me what shots I should be taking and how I should set them up. My lovely assistant finally told him to back off.

(Once the shoe was sort of on the other foot: I was at a wedding, with a 1N -- yep, a while ago, with a 540EZ. The couple had hired one of the photo lab techs from one of their stores (it was two store managers getting married). They weren't really concerned with quality. During the ceremony, I was doing some shooting from my seat probably with my 50 or 85, and the kid, who was using an Elan II with a 28-200 and no external flash, sticks his tongue out at me! My wife didn't believe it, but a couple of other folks we were sitting with saw it. Later, I quietly offered to loan him my flash for the formals, but he declined. He shot them in a fluorescent-lit room with his pop-up flash. I didn't say anything, but I probably did discreetly shake my head when I was away from there. I heard later that the couple was very happy with the photos, incidentally, so it really wasn't any of my business.)

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow