Increasing interest in our restored Retouching Forum

Started Apr 11, 2012 | Discussions thread
Darlene Goff
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,592Gear list
Like?
I will go with whatever....
In reply to Patsy Murphy, Apr 16, 2012

I'm old in the sense of DPReview (don't post as much as I used to) but new to this forum. I came here because of the really neat name "Digital Darkroom." It seemed to be an interesting place to hang out and learn. Yes, I admit I asked a Lightroom question and later returned that product. But I am interested in a lot of different topics, retouching being one of them.

For the record, I went back to my older Photoshop 7 after also trying PSP. I like both the simplicity and the power of PS7. I downloaded some free filters to play with, but mainly I want to learn how to use my tools better, what settings to use to get photos that pop and unusual HDR effects with just one photo and something similar to Oly's Dramatic Tone filter. I don't want this for every photo, just for certain ones.

I can understand the frustration and will try to go with the flow. Retouching is what I want to learn. How to create dramatic photos is a more specific goal.

Darlene Goff's gear list:Darlene Goff's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P5000 Nikon Coolpix 8800 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ35 Nikon Coolpix P7100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Prstl2 MOD
Prstl2 MOD
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow