I'm done with manual focusing.

Started Apr 13, 2012 | Discussions thread
jubilatu
Regular MemberPosts: 478Gear list
Like?
Re: Manual Focusing is More Precise
In reply to villebon, Apr 16, 2012

villebon wrote:

When I started using a Nex camera I was very impressed with focus peaking: easy and simple. Got good sharp images or so I thought.

Yeap ! I use RAW+jpeg in B&W. This way you have more chances to identify the red "markings". For color LiveView, the yellow suits me well.

Nevertheless, it is much simple to focus peaking with large aperture - Because the DOF being so thin, contrast areas are becoming red just in the point of maximum contrast. With small apertures (f4 and bellow) the margin is larger, but not everything in red is in perfect focus.

Personally i prefer to tap the screen (for larger image) and after that to use the peaking.

...Anyway, the 5d2 and a 50L (or 50 sigma) are hunting my neurons. I am afraid that they will win the battle...again 2 kilos of equipment on my shoulder...Help.
--

Please forgive my grammar but if you find it inconceivable address me in romanian.

jubilatu's gear list:jubilatu's gear list
Nikon D800 Sigma 150mm F2.8 EX DG OS Macro HSM Samyang 14mm F2.8 IF ED MC Aspherical Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 28mm f/1.8G
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow