Started Apr 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
bravozulu
Contributing MemberPosts: 889Gear list
Like?
1st Post - Flashes
Apr 16, 2012

In the next day or two I'm going to buy the Nikon D7000. Along with the 16-85 zoom and the 85 Macro. Most of my questions pertain to strobes.

This is my first digital camera. In my working career I was a photojournalist, had training in photography and in studio (product) photography. I owned 6 Nikons, a Hasselblad and Linhoff 4x5. And so I know lighting. Automated gear is fine, but I know how to use a tape measure and balance the light manually and am not hampered by it. Wires are OK with me, too. And I want to keep the costs down.

But these days in my retirement, my needs are modest. No or little travel shots, and leaning towards shots for eBay. You know, table-top setting with backdrop. Soooo, along with my camera and lens, if I set up multiple strobes, should I get the SB 700 and an SB 400? Or dig deep for an SB 910 and a 700? These things get pricey.

bravozulu's gear list:bravozulu's gear list
Nikon D7000 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 12-24mm f/4G ED-IF Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-Nikkor 80-200mm f/2.8D ED +5 more
Nikon D7000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow