Anyone still using Museo Silver rag ?

Started Apr 6, 2012 | Discussions thread
David Grabowski
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,287
Like?
Re: Metamerization
In reply to Hugowolf, Apr 16, 2012

Yes. Also I need to get the latest profile for the GFS, mine is the original for the printer, there must be an updated one by now. I'm not using a custom profile. I think these latest inks are stronger than the original in tone. I replaced the cyan ink recently and it was very rich in the test printout I made during a nozzle check. i know the vivid inks for the 4880 are shared now. I don't know if there are any changes besides the vivid magenta though. But both printers are listed under the same cartridge numbers now. Actually they have been for a while but this is the first time I'm seeing this strong a color in the test patches on a nozzle check.

Anyway, I'm going to the Ilford site and look for updated profiles.

Thank's for your help !
David

Hugowolf wrote:

I think you mean metameric failure , the inability for colors to appear the same under different spectral illumination, rather than metarmerization – and you also have bronzing.

I will look to see if I have any GFS prints to compare with Baryta Photographique and Platine Fibre Rag.

Brian A

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow