Started Apr 15, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Marvin Doering
Senior MemberPosts: 1,577Gear list
Like?
NEX-7 Glitches
Apr 15, 2012

I went to my nieces wedding yesterday and took along my NEX-7, 18-200 Tamron, SAL 35 mm, 1.8, 19 mm Sigma, and 12 mm Voigtlander. The wide angle shots of the church with the VL, Sigma, and SAL were all no brainers. Focus was sharp and exposures generally contrasty and fine. The people pictures with the SAL and the Tammy lens not so much. Could have been me asking too much to autofocus at a considerable distance. I used my small Sony Flash which was probably underpowered. However, my main concern was when it just stopped focussing and the shutter not firing. On two occasions I had to shut it off and restart it and then it worked fine again. The battery was down to about 50% at that time. I had this happen one other time when I first used my 90 mm Tamron macro, but I wrote it off as not having the lens firmly attached. I was just an uncle not taking important photos but my impression is that this camera will never be used by professional wedding photographers. Anyone else have to restart their camera to get it to take pictures again after it stops for no reason?
--
MRD

Marvin Doering's gear list:Marvin Doering's gear list
Olympus XZ-1 Olympus E-620 Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 +2 more
Sony Alpha NEX-7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow