ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
TigrouMeow
Forum MemberPosts: 57
Like?
Setting-up and using the user banks
Apr 15, 2012

Hello,

I was previously a Canon user (7D), now I'm having trouble setting-up the Nikon D800's user banks.

I shoot handheld and I use a tripod 50/50. Most of the time, when I use a tripod, I do bracketing. When I do bracketing, I like to have a self timer of 2 seconds (I'm not using any remote), and then it should take all the pictures for the bracketing automatically. I like to switch between my 2 standard shooting modes smoothly and quickly.

With Canon it's really to setup (then it was just about switching back and forth from A to C1), but with my Nikon D800, I'm wondering if it's even possible. I tried to set-up an User Bank, but it seems the Self Timer is not saved with it, I always have to change it manually. Moreover, if I change the number of brackets I want, I always have to go in the menu to change the number of pictures taken by the self timer. Last but not least, the number of bracketing isn't save with the user bank neither.

So here are my 3 questions:

• Is there no way to have the camera to shoot all the brackets automatically without playing in the menus all the time?

• Is there a way to save the Self Timer settings with a Menu bank?

• Same with the number of brackets? Possible to save it?

Thanks a lot for your help

Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow