AM I the Only one worried that Canon has gone video?

Started Apr 13, 2012 | Discussions thread
Teila Day
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,241
Like?
Re: I think Canon is using basic common sense!
In reply to Thomas Kachadurian, Apr 15, 2012

Thomas Kachadurian wrote:

Teila Day wrote:

I think video is the future, and I think being able to pluck Perfect frames from video footage is the next best thing in mainstream photography videography; tech isn't there yet, but the writing has long been on the wall in my opinion.

That may be true for sports and news, but couldn't be father from the truth for still photography.

Actually it's not only close-to-the-truth, but close to being a reality as well. It won't be too long before most photographers offering only stills will be out of business. Mark my words.

Is your desktop picture a movie. Are there movies on product packages. Do people hang movie on their walls.

No, most people do not hang movies on their walls... only because the technology doesn't allow them to at a palatable price . Many people would much rather have short vid clips of their grandchildren or clips from a family reunion running in an attractive flat-frame on their wall as opposed to the typical static photograph.

A good photograph is more than a slice from continuous action. A great photograph is so much more.

A "great photograph" is simply a captured slice of time. Nothing less. Nothing more.

Understanding that is one of the first things that makes you a photographer.

... and understanding what people want, and where the future is headed makes a photographer, more likely remain competitive and in business in the years to come.

-- hide signature --
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
yesNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow