Started Apr 15, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Boomanbb
Contributing MemberPosts: 566Gear list
Like?
Am I a dying breed?
Apr 15, 2012

Has the world given up on crop cameras? It would appear that almost everyone is trying to go full frame, even imagining the 7D as some kind of full frame camera. I have owned the 10D, 5D, 60D and 7D and the only one I now use is the 7D. I want to shoot TIGHTER, not Wider. I want lots of shots in focus, not interested in razor thin DOF, I want to shoot in dark arenas and gyms where I am 100 feet from a competitor, not dark streets where I can walk right up to my subject.

What I would like to see is a professional level crop camera that I can shoot at 25,000 iso and look at least as good as iso 3200 on the current 7D. Give it real weather sealing, actual gaskets so I don't have to spend hundreds to get my 7D repaired from a light rain. How about a mic and a few seconds of recording time so I can tag shots with audio, and if you really want, throw in an INEXPENSIVE image transfer wireless option.

If I ever needed to go wide, it would be cheaper to buy a 5D mk III than to start with a full frame and consider having to buy one of Canon's stratospherically expensive long telephotos.

There are still some non-professionals out here who want to shoot sports, birds, cheer, gymnastics, etc who would rather not have to consider buying lens that start at $7000.00.

Ben

Boomanbb's gear list:Boomanbb's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS M Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L USM Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM Canon EF-M 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM +8 more
Canon EOS 10D Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 60D Canon EOS 7D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow