Started Apr 15, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
steddyman
Regular MemberPosts: 346
Like?
Blown away with D700... considering cancelling D800
Apr 15, 2012

While waiting for my D800 I decided to purchase a secondhand D700, my first FX format camera. The plan was to sell it as soon as the D800 arrived.

Only problem is, I seem to be falling in love with the D700. I also have a D7000 and for me the D700 just blows it away. The exposure quality, auto focus and viewfinder are simply amazing.

I think the only thing stopping me cancelling my D800 pre-order is the fact I got it at £2099 from Amazon and the price new has now risen to £2599. I'll probably compare them side by side when it arrives then make a call on which one to sell.

I took the D700 to the Zoo the other day with my Sigma 70-200 f2.8 lens. I've been to this Zoo a few times before with various DX cameras, but I have never had so many keepers from a shoot. I took around 475 shots and I would say 420 of those are worth keeping. Even better the battery only lost 1 bar during that 6 hour shoot.

Below are some samples from the photos I shot on the day.

-- hide signature --

Steddy

Nikon D700 Nikon D7000 Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow