I can't believe I missed this (E-5 AF related)

Started Apr 15, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
msusic
Senior MemberPosts: 2,576
Like?
I can't believe I missed this (E-5 AF related)
Apr 15, 2012

AF mode switching on E-5 was probably one of my biggest niggles with the camera.

While I had set fn button to act as a MF/AF switch, problem with the S-AF/C-AF remained.

E-5 as the E-3 has weird location for that, top of the camera on the left side, so switching between SAF and CAF it's pretty tough, especially if you're holding the lens with your left hand.

Today, while I was playing with the camera, I realized that if I hold the FN button and use the front wheel I can easily switch between AF modes! Just like that, it acts the same way as if I'd pressed that dedicated button.

The problem was that by pressing the FN button (set to MF) it would only switch back from AF to MF, but it didn't give any clue that by holding the button and then turning the front wheel you can easily switch between AF modes.

This makes E-5 so great at handling as virtually all functions can be accessed by your right hand holding the camera.

This is such a great feature for action or bird shooters, hopefully it will make life much easier.
--
Cheers,
Marin

Olympus E-3 Olympus E-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow