Ishpuini wrote:

arnelie wrote:

Hi,
Tests of the Q (digitalversus.com) with the v1.0 firmware says:
Off--> On: ca 3.5 seconds
Photo 1 --> Photo 2: 2.3 sec
AF wide: 0.7 sec
AF low-light: 1.3 sec

How has these numbers changed with firmware 1.01?

...considering the Q...
/Arne

To be honest I hardly notice. I did upgrade but again didn't notice much difference. [...snip...]
AF speed is OK for the subjects I use the Q for. It's not an action camera.

But even if the numbers are correct and didn't change after firmware upgrades, in practice I haven't for one moment been troubled by the camera's speed (or lack of).

Best is to try the Q. I must admit I was convinced only when I tried it myself.

Wim

I would love to try it, but so far I have not been able to spot it at any photo store, so the only option is to purchase it, and return it in case of disappointment. My hope was that the responsiveness of this litte cam was more like a DSLR and not a p&s. My other concern is that the Q lens selection never will include a compact zoom with large aperture (e.g., the compact 24-90mm/f2.0-3.3 that the Pana LX5 is using). For my use, I would actually prefer if a Q version was made with a fixed lens, if that is swhat it takes to make it compact (the 02 lens ruin in my eyes the compactness of the Q). But yes, I do see the enthusiasm the Q has especially on the long tele end, having a 5.5x crop factor and access to e.g. 300mm/f4 lenses. But as an amateur photographer, I do not find myself having such needs, for the time being, at least.

arnelie's gear list:arnelie's gear list
Pentax K-7 Pentax smc FA 50mm F1.4 Pentax smc DA 55-300mm F4.0-5.8 ED Pentax smc DA 21mm F3.2 AL Limited Sigma 17-50mm F2.8 EX DC OS HSM +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow