Started Apr 15, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Chris Dodkin
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,874Gear list
Like?
X-Pro1 - chasing children
Apr 15, 2012

There have been many early questions about the X-Pro1, and how it would fair when shooting photos of fast moving targets, such as kids!

After a couple of weeks getting used the the camera, and lenses, I'm happy to report that not only is the new Fuji system up to the task, it is in fact better than many DSLRs for this type of shooting.

The rear LCD makes shooting with the camera held low to the ground very easy. Offsetting the AF point to hit the face is easy to pre-set, and the AF system is very accurate, even at narrow DOF.

Auto ISO does a superb job, allowing you to focus on getting the shot cleanly, and not worrying about the speed setting. I set AUTO ISO3200, shutter speed 1/250, and then play with aperture to suit the DOF I need.

If the child is running towards you, then sure the AF is going to struggle - it's not a DSLR - but the other features of this camera actually assist you in working with kids, and completely transform the process.

The high ISO images are just stunningly clean - you simply do not have to worry about image noise any more.

Some samples using these settings below - 18mm and 35mm lenses:

-- hide signature --

http://www.dodkin.com
Chris@1D-Images.com
Mac Pro/MacBook Pro/iPods/iPhones/iPad

Chris Dodkin's gear list:Chris Dodkin's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Canon EOS-1D Canon EOS-1D Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 30D +34 more
Fujifilm X-Pro1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow