New DxO Optics Pro 7.2.2. version - AMD users may have some issues

Started Apr 13, 2012 | Discussions thread
Ben Herrmann
Forum ProPosts: 16,076Gear list
Like?
Yes, the link to the current version now is AMD compatible....
In reply to wymjym, Apr 15, 2012

When I first sent them emails telling me of the problems I've been experiencing - just with the new 7.2.2. version, I received an email a day later asking me if I had an AMD system - to which I replied, "yes."

I had initially asked them for a link to the previous version so I could at least use the program - to which they did, so I downloaded the 7.2.1 version (but renaming it to a 7.2.1. version so I wouldn't be without that one again). They had also asked me to the exact type of AMD processor that I had - which I provided.

Then later on I received an email telling me that they had corrected 7.2.2. and gave me a link to download it. I then installed 7.2.2. and it worked - although initially, the first splash screen disappears quickly (like they did prior to the fix), but then quickly, another splash screen came up and it loaded just fine.

I tried to provide the link here, but DPReview blocked the link, so I didn't post it. This is what I received from them:

Bonjour Ben,

Way ahead of you. Please download and install newly updated build number 204 of DxO Optics Pro v7.2.2. Download Installer from here:

http://download-center (dot) com/v7/winDXO_OpticsPro7_Setup.exe

Should give you the v7.2.2 upgrade without the AMP CPU issues. Please advise your results.

Best Regards,

Andy

DxO Support Team
DxO Labs
* http://www.dxo.com*

PLEASE NOTE THE LINK ABOVE - JUST TAKE OUT THE "(Dot)" AND REPLACE IT WITH A REGULAR "." AND THE LINK SHOULD BE FINE (WITHOUT THE QUOTATION MARKS). I HAD TO DO IT THIS WAY SO THE LINK WOULD SHOW.

-- hide signature --

Ben Herrmann's gear list:Ben Herrmann's gear list
Olympus C-8080 Wide Zoom Olympus SP-570 UZ Olympus E-10 Olympus E-20 Canon PowerShot G12 +25 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow