Started Apr 15, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
David G O Smith
Regular MemberPosts: 193
Like?
RAW; DCRAW for Canon SX220HS; Linux Expert Needed
Apr 15, 2012

I have a Canon SX220HS with firmware 1.01C. The CHDK hack for 1.01B works fine on my camera so I can access the RAW files from the SX220HS.

I sent a series of RAW shots with the corresponding JPEGs to Dave Coffin, the author of DCRAW, so that he could add the SX220HS to the cameras DCRAW supports.

He kindly sent me a test program but in the form of a C source-code file, apparently intended for Linux. I have had no luck compiling the C source-code file that Mr Coffin sent me under Windows.

If anyone reading this knows Linux, I can send the C source-code file, in the hope that he or she can compile it for Linux and then I can run the compiled file under Linux; I have Ubuntu Linux but don't know how to compile a C source-code under Linux.

In case you haven't used it, DCRAW produces excellent results, better in my experience than any other RAW converter I have ever used, except perhaps RAWTHERAPEE, which in fact uses Mr Coffin's code but has different demosaicizers.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow