Costa Rica trip - Liberia area - any suggestions?

Started Feb 27, 2011 | Discussions thread
Craig from Nevada
Contributing MemberPosts: 622Gear list
Like?
Re: Costa Rica trip - Liberia area - any suggestions?
In reply to Scanlon, Apr 15, 2012

When I travel to this area, I usually stay at a small town named "Playa Hermosa" (Guanacaste). There are a few pretty nice options such as the Finestera and Villa del Sueño that provide clean and affordable accommodations near the beach. The views at Finestera are stunning This town is about 20 minutes from the airport.

The people at the front desks are attentive and can fix you up with reputable guides who now their stuff. Places like Monteverde and Arenal Volcano can be done by day trips. You can alternate beach and visiting these areas I am a scuba diver so this approach appeals to me.

This does not provide the opportunity to photograph these areas during the course of 24 hours--morning noon and night.

English is widely spoken in the area and the natives are friendly. That said, use the same care and caution that you would use in the US--lock your vehicle and keep your valuables out of sight.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow