Started Apr 15, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
langmi
Regular MemberPosts: 285
Like?
Hello Fuji, Good Bye (maybe) Nikon
Apr 15, 2012

I have taken the plunge and ordered the X Pro with the 35. I am tired of shouldering nearly 4.5 lbs of D700 and glass and expect the 21 oz of Fuji to be a far more frequent companion than the Nikon. Part driven by medical reason due to limitations in fine motor skill in my right hand and fingers, I had found a new far more pleasant experience in photography with the lowly but light weight EP1 which I hope to extend and improve upon with the Fuji. It is either go light or go home for me.

I have owned Fuji in the past, S9100 and the F30 which I still use, and i do hope the X Pro has some staying power as a "system", even if by system we are simply talking refinement and excellent light weight glass. Maybe even some Zeiss just for fun.

As an observation from one who started with a Pentax Spotmatic, as far as the "quirks" some people are reporting --- get over it. I am steadfast in the camp of "slow down" when it comes to photography. I just visited a retail store featuring Peter Lik, and in a description of one very simply elegant but simple shot he spent 3 hours at one location for one shot. ANd I read in this forum about lost shots due to start-up times? Pleeeeeezzzzeee.

So I look forward to participating in this user friendly Forum, and hope it stays friendly. I hope it is a lot like the Leica forum where people of like interest share their art and vision. Not quibble over pixels as in the "big boy" forums.

Nikon Coolpix S9 Nikon D700 Olympus PEN E-P1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow