What if the 7DII is an entry-level full frame?

Started Apr 12, 2012 | Discussions thread
Karl Gnter Wnsch
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,550
Like?
Re: That would be a downgrade.
In reply to cs hauser, Apr 15, 2012

cs hauser wrote:

Which is exactly what I wrote under "70D".

Since the 60D design encompasses a different severely curtailed user interface including a swivel screen which in total would be absolutely inacceptable for a 7D replacement this isn't

I think some people simply can't look past the name. They see the words "FF" and "7D" and immediately have a defensive, emotional reaction.

No, it's the idiotic suggestion that Canon would muddle up the camera lineup by switching one existing line from crop to full frame - that's just showing how little knowledge about product placement and continuity in a lineup you have!

If i had used different names (5DX for 7DII, and 7DII for 70D) I bet people wouldn't have gotten so defensive.

No, that still would make no sense whatsoever. There will be a 70D which is a continuation of the 60D series and there will be a 7DII a continuation of the 10D-50D,7D lineup of top of the line crop DSLR. The 5DIII is what you poposed the 7DII would be...
--
regards
Karl Günter Wünsch

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow