ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Vittorio Fracassi
Senior MemberPosts: 1,348Gear list
Like?
B&W landscapes, GX1, 7-14, 45-175
Apr 15, 2012

Dear M4/3 forum supporters,

with all this writing about the OMD I thought it would be refreshing to post a few pics, not disclosing any technical novelty, but adding a few thoughts.

I had been waiting for a year for the ricefields to be flooded, the sky slightly hazy and cloudy after a storm.

Capture had to be from the top of a ladder to gain some perspective.

Lots of PP iwas involved with the immodest desire to emulate Mr. Adams.

+++

+++

+++

Why am I saying this, besides gaining the pleasure of sharing? because it came to my mind that when the enebreation of the new toy (a very very convincing one, hats off to Olympus) will fade, all the real and everlasting difficulties of photography will remain.

Scouting, taking notes, checking weather forecasts, shifting appointments to have some spare time, driving a car in the mud to the right place just to find out that the light is not right, composing while standing on a ladder risking a broken something, driving back home because the memory card was not in the camera, sitting in front of the PC at some crazy hour when all are in bed, playing with Lightroom and Photoshop until sight dwindles, printing, scrapping and reprinting.

Not forgetting inspiration, which allows one to choose the right setting in the first place, or person, object or event.

All that which is the most important part of a photograph will still make or not make "the picture", not regardless of the camera but nearly so...

Good luck and good light, Vittorio

Vittorio Fracassi's gear list:Vittorio Fracassi's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH1 Canon EOS 7D Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L USM +10 more
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow