Started Apr 15, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
geraldPP
Senior MemberPosts: 1,133
Like?
More X-Pro1 images
Apr 15, 2012

Like many here it's taken me quite some time to get used to this quite frustrating but fantastic camera.

Initially, I was upgrading my 5D to the MK3 but ended up getting the X-Pro1 with the 3 lenses. Spent the next day trying to figure it out then decided to sell the whole system. Beautiful as the camera was, how can one suffer slow and laggy startup and AF?

Fortunately, I had a hard time convincing some dealers to buy it at my cost...so I unpacked the beautiful boxes and tried again to love this camera.

Glad I did. Everything everybody else has said in this forum is spot-on. My biggest gripe was the 10-second startup time and I missed many great opportunities! Only this week I put in a speedier Lexar SD card and took out the bundled Transcend card.

Damn the shop for giving me the slowest card available and my not being the wiser!

What a relief! Now it's within a second to power up! Thanks to the info in this forum or I wouldn't even have guessed it.

The JPGs have had contrast and vignettes added in PP. But most of them have not been sharpened at all. The 5D can take a rest

http://www.ttlens.com

Canon EOS 5D Fujifilm X-Pro1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow