5Dii - still worth using?

Started Apr 11, 2012 | Discussions thread
mario toni
Regular MemberPosts: 148Gear list
Like?
Actually, Canon did me a favor...
In reply to tony field, Apr 14, 2012

As a 1Ds3 & 5D2 owner I feel very pleased with updates of those cameras. Why? 'Cause reduced resolution of updated 1 series and only 1 mpx more on 5D3 will hardly pull out some cash out of my pocket in the next 3-4 years. I mean, there's no way I'll pay around 4000$ again just for some more AF points (okay, the new AF system...but as a landscape shooter I mostly use 1 AF point or focus manually) and high ISO values. Same goes for 1Dx...One would be crazy to spit 5-6K AGAIN just for some new minor stuff and reduced resolution. I am not saying that those are not great cams, but updates do not justify the cost if you already have previous models. If they (Canon) had some kind of "old4new" deal (like, bring us your old 5D2 and buy 5D3 for a 50% lower price), maybe I would go 4 it. Anyway, I will happily wait for the next 3 years when they release a new cams with above 30mpx res and much more new features over 5D2 or 1Ds3. In the meantime my cash stays in my pocket.
--
http://www.belamarimages.com

mario toni's gear list:mario toni's gear list
Canon EOS-1Ds Mark III Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L USM +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow