Started Apr 13, 2012 | Discussions thread
Raist3d
Forum ProPosts: 33,150Gear list
Like?
Re: DXO's ratings
In reply to Louis_Dobson, Apr 14, 2012

Louis_Dobson wrote:

are completely fatuous and irrelevant.

Their normalised graph of print DR is what is needed.

That's a bit contradictory Louis Unless you mean their "final average score"- that I'll agree to a big degree only because different cameras catter to different needs.

Sergey Borachev wrote:

Raist3d wrote:

Just wait for the DXo official numbers. It's going to be a lot of fun because if the numbers differ quite a bit then all of a sudden Tech Radar's review is uber questionable since they used.. drum roll DXo's own software

-- hide signature --

Raist3d/Ricardo (Photographer, software dev.)- "You are taking life too seriously if it bugs you in some way that a guy quotes himself in the .sig quote" - Ricardo

Should be very interesting and revealing when DXO's figures are out. However, I remember how people, especially in some other forums, have questioned DXO's methods and the relevance of DXO's ratings in the past, when their own expectations (in their own cameras) were not shown in DXO's figures.

Same for DPReview's scores and awards. The only thing I am sure about is a lot of fiery posts soon, i.e. next week when DPR's review of this camera is out, and whenever DXO's figures are out Stay tuned for the fun.

This is going to be very emotive, I predict. And there could be a lot of soul searching, frustration, dramatic decisions, if the E-M5 turns out to be really such a fantastic camera. And it might just be a game changer.

-- hide signature --

Raist3d/Ricardo (Photographer, software dev.)- "You are taking life too seriously if it bugs you in some way that a guy quotes himself in the .sig quote" - Ricardo

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow