I'm bored. Let's do some pixel peeping:-)

Started Apr 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
NoRules
Contributing MemberPosts: 907
Like?
I'm bored. Let's do some pixel peeping:-)
Apr 14, 2012

Ok, fellow pixel peepers on a slow moving Saturday ...

Yesterday I got a new lens for my Canon 5D II, and decided to find the strenghts and weaknesses vs my other lenses, so I did a lot of testing, and there went Friday. Today I was walking around with my "do-it-all-camera" the Fz150. I use it like an image notebook, but there are som limitations, like the very tiny sensor, that I'm not quite comfortable with. (I have only Leica R lenses on my Canon, and this new one from France

And then I had an idea, something I've only heard of, but a way to match my Fz150 against my Canon 5D II.

So here goes: Canon 5D II vs Panasonic FZ150. 50% crops and 100% crops. The Canon is full size RAW 21MP file. The Panasonic is RAW and up-sized + a little trick that is partly build into the camera. The chalenge is to guess what camera did what image, and what the little Panasonic trick is.

(Remember to click two times on the crops to get real size)

I'll give you answers after a couple of beers if anyone is interested in this challenge
Cheers!

And the answer is coming soon
--
Free your mind, and your camera will follow...

Canon EOS 5D Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ150
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow