D800 73 Megapixel pano of the backyard...

Started Apr 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
spbStan
Senior MemberPosts: 1,881
Like?
Re: D800 73 Megapixel pano of the backyard...
In reply to DvD5, Apr 14, 2012

Ah, Rescue, know it well. Nice back yard.
I had a ranch not too far from you, and homes up further into the El Dorado NF.

Yes, St Petersburg is a bit different and completely different than what most people outside the country believe. I moved here 8.5 years ago and love it. St Petersburg is really a lot of fun, with so much to do and great people....particularly a very high ratio of beautiful, fit, sane, friendly and very well educated woman. If someone likes museums, opera, ballet, fine dining, partying, cultural and not so cultural activities galore every day/night, there are few places that are as interesting. I've been all over the world (86 countries) and this is my favorite city.

My main business had been in the Bay Area, a large recording studio, but also had the ranch for breeding/training Cutters, and a business contracting with the Forest Service to maintain their two-way radios and repeaters in the Sierra, and a high end dress store in Auburn, and a shop to restore Italian GTs, mostly Maserati from the 50s 60s and 70s. Gave everything away but one home, one car and some personal mementos and abruptly moved to Russia without a clue as to what to do to support myself, or where to live. Best decision ever, I've had a ball and have more friends than ever, and more time to socialize with them. It is amazing how simplifying ones life has lots of serious rewards. It is fascinating to watch( and participate in) the rapid change in a country and culture that has occurred in a very short period of 20 years.

It is also a great place for photo taking. I am returning for a visit in 10 days and will possibly find a new camera if I am lucky....D3s, D4 or D800 depending on what turns up in the 3 weeks I'll be there. Then off to England and Scotland before going back to St Petersburg in late May.
--
Stan
St Petersburg Russia

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow