Costa Rica trip - Liberia area - any suggestions?

Started Feb 27, 2011 | Discussions thread
Scanlon
Regular MemberPosts: 191
Like?
Re: Costa Rica trip - Liberia area - any suggestions?
In reply to Scanlon, Apr 14, 2012

My wife and I went there in March of 2011. Like you, I don't speak Spanish and did not rent a car. We stayed at Sol Papagaya. We travelled with Sunwing, from Toronto. They were terrific. Sunwing had a tour company that they worked with, which was also great. There was a laminated copy of the tours that they offered in the hotel, but we met with the excursion rep the morning after we arrived. We decided to do Monteverde, Arenal and Palo Verde with a coffee plantation in the PM. All the tours were very good. Guides were local guys and knew their stuff. The long tours were very interesting, so we set it up so that we had a day off in between. There was lots of nature around the hotel - iguanas, oddles of birds and the howler monkeys over the pool. Our standards on the accommodation side were not too high. We preferred to spend our money on tours. Each of the ones I mentioned were great for photography, however, the Arenal tour was a bit rushed, at times, especially the Danaus Eco-center portion. Don't miss the Selvatura hummingbirds on the Monteverde trip - fabulous! We found a terrific place for sunsets, on the north/west end of Hermosa Beach, about a ten minute taxi drive from our hotel. Look for the rocks at the right end of the beach.
Have fun,
Ron

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow