5DIII light leak confirmed by Canon

Started Apr 13, 2012 | Discussions thread
Bartek
Senior MemberPosts: 1,408Gear list
Like?
Re: Fair countermeasures...
In reply to schmegg, Apr 14, 2012

If your camera is being serviced in a real professional place by well trained people - no problem I'm not afraid. But this will be my 4th recall with Canon cameras and I know how it works at least in my country.

With one recall (the one with 1DsIII) after privat personal advice from Canon person I had to send my camera to Germany as only this facility was technically able to implement the AF fix (but I had to pay by myself for international UPS shipment with insurance - 400 USD) because officially I was able to send it for free to my local authorized Canon facility but I was told that they are not able to apply the fix without some special canon tools and can only make it worse if they try to do it manually (but of course it was not official info). Indeed after the fix my 1DsIII has a flawless AF until today but if I went the official route could be much worse. In other two recalls my 1DIII were to be sold in order to buy the new ones (after the recalls) as the recall fixing attempts were totally unsuccessful - yet on the paper it was "done".

-- hide signature --

Bartek

Bartek's gear list:Bartek's gear list
Canon EOS-1Ds Mark III Canon EOS 5D Mark III
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow