Brand new VR10-100 zoom is giving error message with V1 camera.

Started Apr 12, 2012 | Discussions thread
Hugh Paterson
Regular MemberPosts: 118Gear list
Like?
Re: Brand new VR10-100 zoom is giving error message with V1 camera.
In reply to Lifer, Apr 14, 2012

Lifer,

Thanks for your reply. The problem is that when I attach the new 10-100mm zoom, the error message comes up as soon as the camera has finished booting - and prevents any of the camera buttons from responding - so I am not able to check the firmware version that the new lens is seeing - or indeed to update it. The lens itself appears to be working since there is a perfectly good image visible in the background behind the error message and which responds to the lens's zoom control, but doesn't focus.

What I'm wondering, is if installing the latest firmware which came out last week has resulted in the camera body being "out of sync" with the older firmware version resident in the 10-100mm lens itself, and that this is causing the error message.
Perhaps this is a glitch which Nikon have not yet become aware of!

My question is whether anyone knows if I can reinstall all the old firmware versions into the camera in order to (potentially) restore compatibility with the new lens - or whether this is likely to crash the whole system.

Hugh Paterson's gear list:Hugh Paterson's gear list
Sony Alpha 7R DxO Optics Pro Standard
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow