Anyone collect 35mm SLR film cameras?

Started Apr 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
Glen Barrington
Forum ProPosts: 12,489
Like?
Not on purpose!
In reply to Owen, Apr 14, 2012

But over the years, you tend to collect some bodies and lenses that you can't seem to part with for some reason.

I've got a nice old Canon FT-QL and a set of mid level canon brand FL lenses along with some accessories. Everything works. And a Yashica Mat 124G along with filters, and other accessories, all still functional. These are cameras from my youth and represent my first steps as a photographer and a lot of fun with people now either dead or otherwise disappeared from me.

Those cameras represented a MAJOR dollar investment for a young guy just starting out. And to tell the truth I doubt the lens quality was worth the cost. I suspect I could have bought 3rd party lenses of similar quality for much less. But the status received from the other guys for having all Canon gear was rather high. (don't let anyone tell you gear envy is a new phenomena!)

I have a few other old bodies and cameras, that I just haven't gotten around to throwing away.

Hey, you can never tell, film might come back! Though finding batteries to power these beasts seems to be the big stumbling block to a recaptured youth.

-- hide signature --

I'm so bright, my father calls me son.

Now that you've judged the quality of my typing, take a look at my photos. . .
http://www.jpgmag.com/people/glenbarrington/photos

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow