NEX-5n w/sigma 30mm 2.8 vs. E-P3 w/panny 25mm 1.4

Started Apr 13, 2012 | Discussions thread
hector69
Forum MemberPosts: 93Gear list
Like?
Re: NEX-5n w/sigma 30mm 2.8 vs. E-P3 w/panny 25mm 1.4
In reply to darrellc, Apr 14, 2012

I returned an Olympus EPM1 because of IBIS issues and purchased a NEX 5N. I think that 5N is way better for low light (low noise, HDR, smart anti-shake or night modes that are able to merge several shots pretty well). The in-body image sabilization (IBIS) of Oly epm1 seems to fail frequently in low light conditions and gives inconsistent results, but it is also true that AF is faster and better than the 5N.

This was the reason why I wanted to purchase a faster lens for the Oly like Panasonic f1.4, but I think that this would not solve IBIS issue of Oly epm1.

Now I am considering to buy Sigma 30 mm f2.8 lens because the 5N kit lens is not very sharp as compared with Oly kit lens.

Do you think that Sigma lens is sharper than the kit lens, particularly indoors? Do you have AF problems with Sigma lens on the NEX 5N?l I need to use DMF or manual focus for indoors photos with my 5N.

hector69's gear list:hector69's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony a6000 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sigma 30mm F2.8 EX DN Fujifilm FinePix F30 Zoom +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow