CZ 16-80mm & Sony 70-400mm for NEX-7

Started Apr 13, 2012 | Discussions thread
Kriekira
Senior MemberPosts: 2,197Gear list
Like?
Superbly informative post. Thanks.
In reply to D Williams, Apr 14, 2012

Having tried the Nex-7, 18-200e, and the e-to-a adapter ... I'm likely to sell them all and either get an a580 or wait for the next Sony FF to compliment my a850. I love the portability of the Nex, and I like the "painting" of the images it produces, but the 18-200 is just too soft at the long end. Even the benefit of having the Nex as a back-up body isn't enough to make it valuable enough to me to keep it.

And I'm clearly in the minority here, but I find the physical interface has all the hallmarks of Version 1 design: the movie button is a simply a failure, the "tilting LCD" provides only 50% of the utility I want from the movement of an LCD (e.g.: can't take portrait-oriented pictures at waist level), the wheels are too easy to move, and in use I ended up reaching over with my finger instead of using my right thumb to move the wheels. I'm very much in favor of "tri-nav" -- just not the current physical implementation.

Kriekira's gear list:Kriekira's gear list
Sigma DP2 Merrill Sony RX1R Sony Alpha DSLR-A900 Sony Alpha DSLR-A850 Sony SLT-A77 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow