a few question regarding D4 and D800 IQ and features

Started Apr 11, 2012 | Discussions thread
Mr Lumière
Junior MemberPosts: 47
Like?
Re: a few question regarding D4 and D800 IQ and features
In reply to Fearless_Photog, Apr 13, 2012

You are indeed right but my comments differ in an important way.

On photography blog I gave what I realize was an uneducated guess and observation. Skin tones and white balance are to my eyes (the eyes of a man that has been calibrating projectors, mixers and cameras for live event for years) exceptionnaly good on the Fuji. ISO performance also seem better on the X-Pro1. I assumed these were the main reason one would pick a camera over another, plus or minus a few other features.

However writting that comment got me thinking; I do not choose my projectors according to IQ alone (as explained in one of my reply in this thread) surely professional photographers do the same thing. So I though about comming on this forums as ask the question to pros using pro equipment, what features, other than IQ, are you guys looking for in a product. So far I had good answers; fast file transfer, huge buffer, dual memory card slot, lens selection and avillability (although that point seems challenged by the fact there are already at least 7 different type of adapters including Nikon adapters for the X-Pro1 and many mft cameras but that is not the point), reliability, solidity, predictability, very fast very accurate AF...

So same premise different objectives.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow