Fuji FinePix F600EXR or Canon Powershot SX230HS?

Started Apr 13, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
slickdaddy96
New MemberPosts: 1
Like?
Fuji FinePix F600EXR or Canon Powershot SX230HS?
Apr 13, 2012

My Panasonic DMC-F7Z finally bit the dust. I am looking for a high zoom P&S camera for my wife, as she doesn't want to tote around a big camera anymore.

I have read reviews all over the internet for both the F600EXR and the SX230HS, and I can still not come to a conclusion on which one to buy. What I am looking for is good image quality in both low light, indoors, and daylight. I know I won't get as good as a DSLR, but I want the best of the P&S at this price range. I will also use it for shooting movies occasionally also (like my son's soccer games, children's choir, beach trips, etc....).

I know that the F600EXR best settings is to shoot it at 8MP and not the 16MP setting. I will probably mess with settings manually when I learn the camera to get the best possible picture, but my wife is more of a just turn it on and start taking pictures type person.

I can get the F600EXR for $169.99 right now, and Staples runs sales on the SX230HS occasionally where if I can catch the next sale I can get it for about the same price, otherwise it would be about $200-225 range.

Any thoughts on which one I should purchase?

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow