Started Apr 13, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
netsurfr
Regular MemberPosts: 131Gear list
Like?
Some X100 Questions
Apr 13, 2012

I recently bought an X100 and this is my first camera other than P&S so learning a ton with it & loving it but I do have a couple of questions that I could use some help with:

1. I don't use a hood or filter because I like the look and size of the x100 w/o them but I'm wondering if it's dumb to not cover the lens when walking around with the camera?

2. I've been paying attention to the DOF scale I see in the X100 but for some reason even if I set apperture to F16 the DOF range never goes anywhere near infinity even when I focus on a subject say 10 feet away. It seems like no matter what combination I try the DOF range (wite bar) is very narrow and my pictures not matching what I see in the scale. So for example at F8 & a subject about 6 - 8 feet way the full picture seems to be in focus yet the DOF scale would indicate that only a very narrow section around my focus point will be. I thought this DOF range was supposed to be the range infront and behind the focus distance that the picture would be in focus and anything outside of that would be blurred. Am I not understanding this right?

3. Lastly - When would Fuji typically release the next version of the x100? I'm asking because I'm really considering getting the black LE of this camera for my wife but wondering if X100 v2 may come out next year and be available in black but cheaper?

Thanks!

netsurfr's gear list:netsurfr's gear list
Olympus Tough TG-1 iHS Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX50V Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Nikon 1 V2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow