Please Inform me about V1

Started Apr 12, 2012 | Discussions thread
daniel broad
Regular MemberPosts: 204
Like?
Re: I just got the V1 to shoot birds.
In reply to Paul Pasco, Apr 13, 2012

It's a love/hate camera, the V1..

Loves... the small form factor, the low ISO output and the ability to take the telephoto primes. I love an 810mm f/4 for the price, and the good light AF.... the 30-110 is a stellar little lens.

Hates.... I absolutely hate the botched Auto ISO mode and the silly firmware implementations. For example, even with the SB-N5 attached the camera still wants to use ISO 3200 in auto ISO mode, rather than dropping the ISO down a bit... The image review makes multiple grab shots a thing of the past for all the wrong reasons... the mode dial includes a gimmick, an unusable Auto Mode, a general shooting mode and video. [I'd personally stick it in general and take off the mode dial to stop it spinning...]

It's so frustrating to see a very good camera garner [justified, IMO] terrible reviews due to things a simple acknowledgement from Nikon and a firmware fix would sort. As a result, it's a manual mode camera. I just can't trust it to do well on its own.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow