Started Apr 13, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
dpbrad
Forum MemberPosts: 99
Like?
X-Pro 1 18mm vs X100?
Apr 13, 2012

I'm tempted to slip this question into the interesting thread asking whether to take a X-Pro 1 or a X100 on vacation, but rather than hijack that thread, I'm wondering about comparing the somewhat equivalent lenses -- the X-Pro 1 18mm (27mm equiv) vs the X100 35mm equivalent? I don't think that I've seen them compared in a review ...

From reading the reviews, both cameras produce lovely IQ, but are also, arguably, flawed in terms of operation. But let's not start an argument about the relative merits of the cameras.

Instead, let's talk lenses. Both are f2.0. And the focal lengths are similar ... though I'd generally prefer a 27mm prime to a 35mm. But if I tend to shoot landscape and street and 90% of the time and am happy with either a wide prime or a wide-ish fixed lens, then I'm tempted to just go with the X100 at half the price ...

Though, of course, the XPro-1 is more flexible all around given the interchangeable lenses.

Anyone have experience/thoughts with results on the two lenses -- the 18mm vs the X100?

Thanks
Bra

Fujifilm FinePix X100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow