Started Apr 13, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Peter Nelson
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,890
Like?
Where is Tedolf? I have a New E-PL1
Apr 13, 2012

Tedolf's been missing over a week now. I have resisted posting an inquiry as to why he's gone untill now. My excuse for asking, is that I have questions about my new E-PL1. Yes, I know there are many other E-PL1 owners on this forum but Tedolf is the most staunch supporter.

It has been somewhat peacefull around here, that's for sure and perhaps this is a good thing, allowing many people to post secure in the knowledge that there will be no Spanish Inquisition by TeDolf concerning any individuals post. I think that is a good thing, I'll give you that.

Tedold does tell it like it is if anyone asks for opinions about thier own posted image and that is a real good thing. It's just sometrimes he get's carried away and goes too far like when he doubts the ownership of an image. Tha's not something that we should normally talk about as it's not the question. Technique ans style is the real question so answering in this vein is usually a worthwhile contribution.

Still, perhaps because I am an Artist (implying how sensative I must be) I am bothered by his absense as I value freedom of expression bu all. Also because I am an Arist (daredevil with experience) I don't care if other people do not share my view's. Individuality is a good thing and he is certainly a very unique individual and I hope he returns to this forum. I would say his best characteristic is his honesty. His worst characteristic is his blindness to the possibliity that other people are also honest.

If teDolf would take just a little advice from me I would ask you to be more patient with people and to avoid direct confontations over things that annoy and irratate you. Just let things slide. You can still speak in depth over any question regarding cameras and lenses but avoid attacking people in the grey zone of opinion and their vision of our shared world.

I am aware that there existist the possiblity of this thread becoming a battleground and I caution any responders to keep in mind that DPR has in the past pulled such threads off the viewing board so please keep it civil and we may all togeather accomplish something good herein.

Anyway, as far as my E-PL1 is concerned I do have a question right now. Is it me or am I seeing more noise that I am used to seeing from my E-P1 at ISO 400 and above. I have all the noise reductions and sharpening settings to off or if that's not possible then set to the minimum strength (strenght for tefolf) settings, and I do most of my PP in Canon's ZoomBrowser. I have so much Canon gear and for so long that I am a habitual Canon software user. I have Photoshop 6, CS2, Nikon View6, Photoshop Elements 3, Raw Theropy, Noise Ninja, SilkyPix and Corel PhotoPaint. But I use the Canon software the most and save all the rest for specialty adjustments.
-Peter

-- hide signature --

Life as an artist has had some unusual times to say the least.
visit my web site http://www.flickr.com/photos/artist_eyes/
Remember to click on 'All Sizes' for better viewing.
Artist Eyes

Olympus PEN E-P1 Olympus PEN E-PL1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow