Request for help & advice

Started Apr 10, 2012 | Discussions thread
Michael 2012
Regular MemberPosts: 122Gear list
Like?
Re: Request for help & advice
In reply to Mark Ransom, Apr 13, 2012

Thanks all who have replied and commented in the last couple of days, and apologies for my tardiness in replying. I have been stuck without any "meaningful" internet access (I hate trying to use my phone - way too fiddley with big thumbs !)

1) Sorry, no legs available! When I got home and looked at the pics I had shot, that was the first thing that struck me - Why had I choppped the poor boy's legs off? I can only say that it was not a "setup" shot, just a quick drop to the ground and fire - I had my 80-320 tele attached at the time. Not much of an excuse really.

2) Crop: More off the top you mean ??? Or bring in the sides aswell??? Haven't cropped at all at the moment, that's pretty much the whole pic (3000x2000, *ist ds highest resolution). How far could I go without dropping print quality?

3) Blown Highlights: Hmmm... considering my old camera shoots continually dark (light metering is about 2 stops off), I think it's quite an achievement to have managed to blow any highlights lol! I would actually suspect that it's my post processing to be the culprit here, and so I can go back to the raw file and redo, paying more attention to that area, thanks for pointing it out.

4) Mark: I tried to remove his leash like you, but not as successfully (There were also some branches just above the leash in the original which I did manage to remove). I think I need to attend a photoshop class or two - All my current 'expertise' comes from youtube videos lol! Thanks for playing with it and giving me a reference point to how my final one should look.

Once again, Thank you for takng the time to reply, and also for the many recommendations on print shops. I think I have a bit more work to do before sending it off though.

Kind Regs,
Michael

Michael 2012's gear list:Michael 2012's gear list
Pentax K-30 Sigma 50-200mm F4-5.6 DC OS HSM HD Pentax DA 55-300mm F4.0-5.8 ED WR
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow