E-M5 pre-ordered, recommendations for legacy lenses

Started Apr 13, 2012 | Discussions thread
Biggstr
Forum MemberPosts: 53
Like?
Try Nikon AIS Manual Focus Lenses - New B&H
In reply to Eirik S, Apr 13, 2012

I use five Nikon AIS manual focus lenses -- 20mm, 24mm, 28mm, 50/1.4 and 50/1.2, which are still available new at B&H. I recently picked up a Voigtlander 90mm (F-mount) since it was so highly rated and going out of production. I use them on an Olympus P2 via a Voigtlander adapter ... all these lenses are of the highest quality with respect to sharpness and color rendition. A 40mm Voigtlander F-mount is on my list for the future.

As I play with my lens collection, I find that I'm gravitating toward all manual settings for my serious photography work, including manual focus and exposure via a hand-held incident light meter. The results to me are clear: more precise focus and exposures and therefore more "keepers". I'm tending to use my stable of autofocus Olympus and Panasonic lenses for action shots and point-and-shoot situations.

Some of the legacy Nikon AIS lenses as well as the newly designed Voigtlander F-mount lenses are available in the $500 + - range.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow