ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
cooldar
New MemberPosts: 10
Like?
D7000 Soft Image and Blur Please Help
Apr 13, 2012

Hi everyone,

I really need help on figuring out the D7000 sharpness issue. We just bought a Nikon D7000 with Nikon 105mm f/2.8D AF Micro-Nikkor Lens few days ago. Like many people, we've been testing it and found the image to be pretty blurry, not sharp at all. The image is very soft, much worse than our Canon 60D, even worse than Nikon D80. You can see our comparison here

Canon 60D =>

Nikon D7000 =>

we used remote to avoid any shaking. and they are taken at ISO100

We researched the image problem, and thought it could be one of those front or back focus problem, even though the camera was focusing fine. We tried the AF fine tuning suggested on other blogs and it didn't help with sharpness of the image.

Strangely, the D7000 perform much worse than our Canon 60D, which suppose to be an inferior camera compare to D7000. The 60D also has higher pixel resolution at 18MP, so it's definitely not because higher resolution photo will reveal more detail and causing image to look more blurry, as some have claim. The canon 60D uses Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM Lens.

Finally, we brought the camera to an official Nikon service center locally for testing but to our surprise everything turn out to be fine; the service center guy whom we talked to say there are no focusing or sharpness problem at all, we even tried to shoot the image on one of the D7000 at the service center, completely same result as our D7000. The lens tested fine too.

I understand this could be a user problem, but I doubt it as our photographer has over 4+ year of photography experience and previously used D300 and D700 with his previous company. If it is user problem, what could we be doing wrong? I really do think it's the problem with the camera. Please take a look at our image link and help us find out why. I've taken a look at some jewelry image taken with D7000 on flickr and they seem pretty sharp. I am confused. Thank you for your help.

Canon EOS 60D Nikon D300 Nikon D700 Nikon D7000 Nikon D80
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow