Canon EOS - 1D iv vs. 5d III

Started Apr 12, 2012 | Discussions thread
Pones
Forum MemberPosts: 61Gear list
Like?
Re: Canon EOS - 1D iv vs. 5d III
In reply to Sarf622, Apr 13, 2012

Thanks for your post I was interested to read your experiences. Having shot a wedding in the last couple of weeks with the same combination excepting with a 5D MrkII - I was a little disappointed with the 5DII - the Mark IV seemed to give me brighter images when used with flash, even at the same exposures as the 5D. It was also snappier under the finger and focused much better in low light with the 24-105. How did the Mrk III work with flash? How responsive was it in terms of shutter release compared to the Mark IV? Funnily enough one thing I can't understand is why the Mark IV and Mark III have the option of Auto ISO and the 1DX doesn't? (according to the specs I've seen) As I am looking at replacing the 5D I had been weighing up the pros and cons of of buying another MrkIV vrs a 5D MrkIII or 1Dx. Interested in your thoughts

Pones's gear list:Pones's gear list
Canon EOS-1D Mark IV Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II USM Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow