What can LR4 do for you?

Started Mar 21, 2012 | Discussions thread
Detail Man
Forum ProPosts: 14,950
Like?
Re: Adventsam Works His Magic With Lightroom 4.1 (release candidate) !
In reply to Detail Man, Apr 13, 2012

Detail Man wrote:

Adventsam wrote:

Thanks DM, my interenet access was sporodic in the last week, but back now.

I made a new version from 4.1 reduced raw sharpening and applied std sharpen for screen in export, full size.

Forensic analysis (using JPEGsnoop 1.52 ) reveals that your JPG was made using an approximately 98% Quality Factor, no Chroma Sub-Sampling.

Further forensic analysis reveals the following settings were used when processing your latest version (displayed above) using Lightroom 4.1 rc:

| crs:Sharpness="54"
| crs:SharpenRadius="+0.8"
| crs:SharpenDetail="45"
| crs:SharpenEdgeMasking="0"

| crs:Clarity2012="+30"

My primary interest is in the various sharpening settings that you used - as I have seen something of a reduction in sharpening-artifacts when viewed at larger magnifications (relative to some of the other renderings posted using LR 4.0). "Clarity" involves a (wide Radius, low Strength) USM process.

It is unclear what (if any) of the above processing parameters relate to your use of what you describe as "std sharpen for screen in export". Is that a particular LR 4.x setting which relates to the application of a secondary post-sharpening operation after downwardly re-sampling the image ("in export") ? Am trying to determine what recorded parameter may relate to such a thing.

Sam ? Could you let me know the specifics of your LR 4.1 rc sharpening settings used ? Thanks.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow