After Shot Pro..opinions

Started Apr 12, 2012 | Discussions thread
DaleB82
Regular MemberPosts: 233Gear list
Like?
Re: After Shot Pro..opinions
In reply to plantdoc, Apr 13, 2012

If the coming upgrade offers true dual-display capability, a simple download process from camera/card, more muscular catalog handling, a more straightforward printing utility, and a means of utilizing Photoshop compatible plug-ins, ASP could be a more serious competitor to Lightroom, at least for me. Few if any of these improvements are likely to be made available in the coming "patch," "update," or whatever - they are more likely to be incorporated, if at all, in a full version upgrade. But I may be amazed, you never know. I was actually surprised to see how capable the program is already, and parted with $20 to find out more about it. It's worth watching as a developing program. Exploit the trial version as much as you can. It is, from reports here and elsewhere, a really useful tool for a lot of folks.

I wrote about ASP this a couple of months ago. It may offer some basic insights for you:

http://www.bluedonkeyphotography.com/A_Modest_Exercise_Part_Two.pdf

DJB

DaleB82's gear list:DaleB82's gear list
Canon EOS 700D Nikon D610 Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Tamron SP 24-70mm F/2.8 Di VC USD Canon EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow