Started Apr 13, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Bobbert
Regular MemberPosts: 381Gear list
Like?
Good save!
Apr 13, 2012

Carrying my e30 and Oly 12-60 lens in a Tamron Velocity bag, took a tumble off the car seat onto the pavement, thought nothing of it. It didn't fall hard, just sort of slipped slowly down. A couple days later - shooting into the sun thought there was much more flare than usual... looked down and the filter was shattered. Carefully unscrewed it, tossed it and kept on shooting. $90 filter saved a $900 lens.

ALL my lenses have a protective filter except the kit lenses, which can be replaced for the cost of a filter, and the 9-18 which will vignette with it.

I don't use the lens hood on that lens because it is simply too stiff to take off. Now I need to free up the lens hood so I don't feel as if I'll break the lens in half if I want to remove it.
--
Bob B
http://www.pbase.com/bbernstein

Olympus e30, e-510, 12~60, 50~200 ED, EC14, 18~180, 14~42, 40~150, 50mm macro, 9~18, fl36

Olympus E-3 Olympus E-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow